Lembas Bread Recipe
Elvish Bread. One small bite is enough to fill a grown man!Minutes to Prepare: 15Minutes to Cook: 15Number of Servings: 10
â€¢ 2 1/2 cups of flour
â€¢ 1 tablespoon of baking powder
â€¢ 1/4 teaspoon of salt
â€¢ 8 tablespoons of cold butter (1 stick)
â€¢ 1/3 cup of brown sugar
â€¢ 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
â€¢ 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup/honey
â€¢ 2/3 cup of milk/heavy cream (or more, if necessary)
â€¢ 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
1) Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celcius (425 degrees Fahrenheit).
2) Mix the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
3) Add the butter and mix with a fork or a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles fine granules.
4) Add the sugar and cinnamon, and mix them thoroughly into the mixture.
5) Add the milk/cream and vanilla and stir them in with a fork until a nice, thick dough forms.
6) Roll the dough out about 1/2 in thickness.
7) Cut out 3-inch squares and transfer the dough to a cookie sheet.
8) Criss-cross (DO NOT cut all the way) each square from corner-to-corner with a knife.
9) Bake for about 12 minutes or more (depending on the thickness of the bread) until it is set and lightly golden.
(the recipe makes about 10-12 pieces of lembas)
nutrition information is using honey, milk, and 10 pieces of lembas
Number of Servings: 10
Saving this for a rainy day.